Friday, October 19, 2007

I Have Travelled on Business

I used to think that would be a glamorous thing.
Be a world traveller, flying business class in a smart suit across the world.

So it's not really what I thought it would be.

First nobody except for executives fly business class - and economy I've already done.

Secondly - you only fly where your company has offices - so Ottawa is not particularly exotic.

As a kid I used to always wish that we could eat out more, and not have home food every night. So I am surprised that as an adult, I get sick of having to eat every single meal from a restaurant.

On the bright side, I have gotten to go to PEI - which is somewhere I have never been before.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we magically have to open an office in Hawaii or something :)

1 comment:

Emma said...

Okay I don't want to hear complaints about Ottawa. I've been to: Halifax in December, (Okay Halifax is a nice city, but it's hard to notice when it's that cold)Sault-Ste-Marie 3 times (It's a nice city but you don't need three visits to see it all), Prince Albert in December (shiver), Victoria in October was cooler that I would have liked.

So yeah you get to go places you might not have gone otherwise, but you don't get to chose when you go and usually you don't have time to see the place anyway.