Sunday, October 07, 2007

I have Eaten Alone in a Restaurant

This may not seem like an accomplishment to some of you.
And I will wholeheartedly admit to not enjoying it one bit, but through the necessity of eating while on business travel, I have on one single occasion, sat in a restaurant alone,sans reading material and had dinner.

And I feel quite accomplished for having done so.

I'm the girl who will play Bejewelled on her Palm pilot while waiting for take-out, or have the TV on while cooking dinner - even though I can't see it from the kitchen.

I am not good at being alone. And I am very creative at keeping busy and surrounded by others, as you well know if you've ever spent any time with me.

So this is a very big accomplishment for me.

5 comments:

Emma said...

I've also eaten alone in a restaurant on at least twice. It's not so bad.

Hey you skipped a day!

MiraFabulous said...

yeah, no internet access - couldn't be helped.

Anonymous said...

I've - been to the movies by myself, to finally see Star Wars Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith, back when I had first moved to Toronto in 2005.

I don't recall eating sit-down at a restaurant by myself. Actually, that's probably not true, I imagine I did the first day or two I was in San Jose for the summer of '02. But I prefer to get take-out and go home.

Emma said...

I've gone to the movies twice by myself, and neither movie was worth the price of admission let alone going by one self. :P

MiraFabulous said...

I have been to the movies alone once as well - and I would never do that again either.

I'm with you Austin, I almost always get take-out and eat it back at the Hotel room now.