Monday, October 01, 2007

The Countdown Begins

It's October 1st already!
In 28 days I will be 30 years old.

If you know me well, or have been reading my blog for a while now, you know that I always get this New Year's-esque sort of reflection about my life and my accomplishments around my birthday. And I usually make resolutions for myself.

I always seem to get a little bummed out as I reflect. I usually feel like I have not accomplished nearly as much as I expected to by __ age. And it doesn't seem to matter what the number in the blank is, I always seem to fall short.

But in the words of my wise friend (well this time wise anyways) Jeremy, "It's not a race".

So this year, I am going to try and buck the system, and my pattern. Now old habits die hard, so I'm not sure how well I will accomplish this, but I'm going to try.

So in honour of turning 30 - which is a big milestone. I hope to enter a post a day, and each one will be about something that I have accomplished in my life.

They may not be huge accomplishments (after all I do have to come up with about 27 of them) but I am going to try and think of one thing every day.

After all one should be celebrating when they reflect on their life, not lamenting.
Isn't that the point of a birthday party - bringing people together to celebrate the individual. Kind of saying, "I'm glad you're alive, you make my life a little sweeter by being in it".

2 comments:

ghanima said...

For what it's worth, my life's better for you in it. What a great idea for celebrating, I look forward to reading your entries.

Anonymous said...

Why do we have to save our appreciation for one day a year?

And, to correct Jeremy, life is a race, but you have to run the right one. And you have to know what it means to "win".