Saturday, October 13, 2007

I have Read Scripture at a lot of my Friends' Weddings

I think this should count as an accomplishment on several levels:

#1 - I have a lot of friends who cherish my friendship at a level where they wanted to include me in one of the most important days of their lives in a significant way. This to me is a tremendous blessing. I have always hated that I am an only child, and I think that I compensate for that by valuing a large friends network. But what being so included means is that I have been good at being a genuine friend, and not someone who is superficially adding to their acquaintances.

#2 - I am good at public speaking, or rather public recitation to be more exact. At Kevin and Michelle's Wedding, I got to read this cool speech directed to the bride and groom about what Marriage is.

#3 - I have gotten to go to a lot of weddings - and weddings are always fun!
I enjoy dressing up
I enjoy feasting on a gourmet meal
and a wedding is the #1 place that I enjoy dancing, and I really enjoy dancing

So here's to good food, lots of fun, and lots of dancing! And this accomplishment is about getting to celebrate all of these things with people who are special to me.

No comments: