Sunday, October 14, 2007

I have Painted a Picture

It's true.
Usually I draw stick figures and people ask me if it's an abstract design.

In 1998, I flew to Winnipeg to spend a week with my friend Pete and his family. So Pete's Dad is an artist, and one day during my visit, he offered to sit me with me and help me paint a picutre.

So this very kind and very very patient man, sat with me for 3 days. First he helped me to select a picture I wanted to duplicate. Then he patiently worked with me to blend colours, and learn how to use all the different brushes, etc.

So the final result is a painting that looks nothing like the original I was trying to replicate. But still a copmpletely recognizable ocean scape. And I was so excited about this painting that I carried it home on the plane on my lap, to keep it safe.

Once home, I got it custom framed, and it has hung ever since at the base of the stairwell from the second to third floor in my Mom's house.

I don't know if I am ever likely to be able to paint anything else that might be framed and put on a wall somewhere - but I can proudly say, that I have already done so.

No comments: