Monday, October 08, 2007

I have been "in love"

Yes, it's true, and to borrow a line from one of my favourite films (Love Actually) "...the total agony of being in love".

It can be an agonizing experience, but in that lies some of it's beauty.
I was also lucky enough to be in love with someone who started out as my best friend. And the depth of that experience is unparalleled (as has been my experience thus far).

And I have also ended a relationship while totally in love with that person. My reasons were simple, again I'm going to borrow a line from a movie (Ever After) "A bird may love a fish Signore, but where would they live?".

And I want to count both the experience of being in love and the wisdom and courage to end a relationship while in love as parts A and B of this accomplishment.

1 comment:

ghanima said...

It can certainly be hard to determine when to end a relationship, especially if your feelings of love haven't waned. I think the fact that you've been in love, plus the fact that you had the wisdom to end a relationship while you were still in love, should count as two good things you've accomplished.