Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I bought a Home

This is my most recent accomplishment.
I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the magnitude of it.
Other times, I feel like it's a trivial step, and I can't even do this right (after all I don't have any furniture, cable, a land-line or an Internet connection).

I do think it's a big step though, and should be counted as an accomplishment.

I sort of feel like I'm doing things a little backwards - most people buy their first home with their spouse or significant other, and I have not.

But then, that sort of makes me a little ahead of the game right? Not putting my life on hold, but rather living life, and making smart choices. At least I'm told home ownership is a smart choice.

And I am really learning to love it.
Sometimes I close my eyes, and I see it furnished, and it's so elegant - I sigh a little.

I can just say "come over" and it's always cool. This is by far what I am enjoying the most about having my own place.

So come over, and celebrate my accomplishment #1 with me :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it really that uncommon? Let's take stock. Who has a house but ain't got a spouse? (Mmm... rhyming.)

You.
Me.
Emma.
My friends Dave and Elliott.
My friend Claire is looking.
Bruce is sorta looking?
Mike D.

I probably know a handful of others. Not as uncommon as you might think. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think your perceptions of what "most" people do might be a little skewed. :)

Don't most people these days not bother with marriage? I read somewhere that marriage rates are way down. This isn't the 50's anymore. People do what you're doing and forge their own way. Marriage is a choice now, not an expectation, and frankly, having your life in order on your own first will make a marriage that much better when it comes. It will be a partnership rather than a necessity for survival.

MiraFabulous said...

Thanks guys.

I think you btoh make some very vaild points. Plus they make me feel good and accomplished :)

So Kevin, when are you coming over to sit on the floor? You guys haven't seen my place yet!