Monday, October 30, 2006

I have grown wiser in the past 24 hours

So my Birthday has officially passed, I was born 29 years and more than 24 hours ago.
And while waking up on Saturday (my actual birthday) didn't feel any different than waking up on Friday - well except for the giant wrapped box at the foot of my bed - I think I have eased into the wisdom that comes with age ;)

I had an all-party week-end (a party on Friday, one on Saturday and one on Sunday)- and it was awesome, I loved it.
It definietly reinforced just how social a being I am. When I do the Myers-Briggs inventory, I score like a 98 out of 100 in the extroversion scale (it's a continuum from introversion to extroversion, and the idea is that everybody is a blend of both, and can't be completely one or the other, but has elements of both). Well not me. I am a full flegged bonified people person.

It's not even that I hate doing nothing, I would just rather do nothing with someone else.
Have to clean my room - if you're there with me, I would gladly participate. Both Saturday and Sunday night after each respective party (I had 2 birthday parties), one of my guests stayed a little later than the others and helped me clean-up. Techincally on Saturday 2 guests stayed back while I saw some others out, and by the time I got back upstairs there was hardly anything left for me to do (Thank you Austin and Nina). And you know what, I actually really enjoyed cleaning up, 'cause I had someone to do it with.

I realize that it's true about my running as well - if I have someone to do it with, the time passes more quickly and it's so much more enjoyable. Probably why the running room works so well for me.

And while I always knew that I was a people person, I guess I never put the pieces together as to how much. And now I am going to decide to embrace that about myself instead of thinking I need to mellow out a little. Now I know how to set myself up to succeed at something new - make sure it involves people, and I'm good.

So last night as I was getting ready for bed, as tired as I was after an all-party week-end, I feel asleep with a smile on my face. After all what better week-end could I have - 3 days of fun times, with fun people that I like to spend time with, and I got to wear a tiara!

3 comments:

ghanima said...

Nothing like a bit of personal growth to make one feel good, huh? Happy Birthday, Mir! I'm glad I got to participate.

Anonymous said...

Alas, I have reafirmed that I am not as high on the socializing scale as your Mir. I'm sorry I couldn't make it out to the second bash. I just crashed yesterday. Two parties in a row is all I can handle I guess. I'm glad you had a fabulous weekend though.

Michelle Hopp said...

Mir, I love your personality, heck I'd settle for being half as extroverted as you.

I'm the complete opposite, very much an introvert, I'm actually happiest when I'm alone - whether reading or scrapping or watching a movie. That's not to say I'm not happy when I'm out, I usually am, but a people person I'm not.

I actually don't know how you guys put up with me when I'm actually around, it seems like I never say much. :)