Sunday, October 08, 2006

Conservative with Pazzaz!


I attended my friend's wedding yesterday - actually I also got to participate by reading Scripture. (I think I may be getting typecast - I read Scripture or do a reading at a lot of weddings!) I love to participate in this way, so I get very excited each time I'm asked.

So yesterday, I'm dressed up in my new fancy outfit - just purchased on Friday, lucky break - and passing out the programs as people are entering the Church.
One of the ladies attending, who is also a member of my Church comes to take her program and says to me "You know what I like about you? You're conservative, and you do it with pazzaz!"
I know this was intended as a compliment, and I took it entirely as such, but it does beg the question - what exactly qualifies as pazzaz?

She did encourage some boldness in me though - I hitched a ride with some friends ('cause the reception was in timbuktu). As they were leaving the church and we were coordinating my pick-up later, I said "Yeah, I'm going to change, and I'm gonna look smokin' !". I am just as shocked and amazed as you are that those words left my mouth in all sincerity.

Later that evening, I was mentioning that I was getting hot and someone said "just take off your jacket"
to which I replied, "I can't do that I'd be too naked"
"That's not naked" while showing me the spaghetti strap of her dress.
"Yeah, not naked for you, is naked for me".

So ultimately I guess the conservative part was right on the mark.
That's probably why my mom didn't buy it when I bought a fake nose ring years ago to see how people would react. She just said "get that silly thing out of your nose."

I got a pretty fun reaction when I wore purple clown sunglasses around for a day once (see above).
It was fun to make people (total strangers) smile and laugh while driving, pumping gas, grocery shopping.
I wore them around for the entire day. I think I still have them tucked in my closet, although I never wore them again.

This does make one want to revisit the title of conservative however, or at least include a clause or something :)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

No comments: