Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Sleepwalking through my day

Do you ever have that experience where you're driving home (usually) from somewhere and you get home, but you don't actually remember the drive, making the turns you're suppose to make - and you just sort of arrive at home?

Have you ever felt your day go by that way?
Just this morning my pod-mate said "can you believe it's almost half-way throught October already?"
And you know, I can't believe it.

Last I remember I was gearing up for Septemeber and it's like I blinked and we're halfway through October. Like I have been sleepwalking through the past 6 weeks.
Don't get me wrong, it's not like I haven't had events and moments in those six weeks - I'm sure my itinerary has been litered with them.
But somehow these events and moments seem to fade to the background or become swallowed-up by my routine.

Again, I'm going to blame this weird existental nostalgic turn on my impending Birthday (18 days and counting!!)- always makes me reflective - works much better than New Year's for me :)

And hey at least I'm not litering these pages with a search for the meaning of life - more like the details of living it.

As a totally unrelated aside - I made a pretty awesome Butter Chicken out of our leftover Turkey today - well I guess that makes it a Butter Turkey technically. It was yummy!!

3 comments:

ghanima said...

I spent a good part of last year in a haze, like that. It wasn't until I left my job to become a freelancer that it stopped.

I've noticed that I'm at my best when I'm making positive changes; so much so that I find I'm often examining if I want change for the sake of change, or genuinely believe something good will come of the change.

Any way, it's sounding a bit like you've been thinking about the pace of your lifestyle lately. Is your schedule providing you with what you want out of life?

MiraFabulous said...

Good Question!

I think the first thing I need to ask is am I being purposeful about my lifestyle?

I find the same thing - that I get bored easily, and as soon as I have mastered something or it becomes routine, I loose interst really fast.
But here's the thing life has to contain some routines - I can just keep changing jobs or seeking out major adventures 'cause I'm bored - can I?

I have to figure out how to live with what I've got and where I'm at - that's where I'm struggling.
At least I think that's what's going on.

Anonymous said...

If I don't pay attention when I'm driving, I'm pretty sure bad things will happen. Hell, most people expect bad things to happen when I DO pay attention! :)

Positive changes really have a way of perking a person up, for obvious reasons. :) And it generally means some stress has been taken away which is always good for your mental health.

Hoping for a bit of that in my near future as well... :D