Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Has anybody checked their vibration frequency recently?

So while drowning in work - relief is on the horizon, in a couple of weeks I hope.
I have surfaced for air on a couple of minute occasions.

And my, my what interesting tidbit my trips to the surface have brought.

First off I spent a week-end on a church retreat. My church joined with 2 other churches for a 20-somethings retreat. And while I may be on the upper end of 20-something, I'm still technically in my twenties, so I went.

So here are a couple of things I learned on this retreat (which by the way, I did enjoy):

1. I was born in a desert country and my body was made for HEAT! This freezing, every building heated by a measly fire is not an option for me. I was practically sitting in the fire, and I still managed to feel cold almost the entire week-end.

2. Christians get married ridiculously young. It seemed that almost everybody between the ages of 21 and 25 is either married or engaged. And here's my theory about that
- In my humble estimation, I think Christians get married young to circumvent pent up desire.
- because like 98% of Christians get married young, if you're over 25, Christian and unmarried, there is a REASON you are single. I realize that this theory paints me in a particularly unfavourable light (I am Christian, over 25 and single), but I stand by it.

3. Weird is never a synonym for endearing. While most people at the retreat were married or in a couple, the few REASONS were like beacons for the whole REASON theory (see #2 above). There was the cowboy-hat-guy (I don't know his name). He was just as eager to sit in the fire as I was, but while I would go early to get the closest seat, he would come late and squeeze himself on the ground by the mantle, asks me "schootch a little" and then I would sit squished for the entire session, while he spread out like he owned an acre of real-estate. Where does such a skinny guy get off taking up 3 times as much space as I do anyways?

4. You can never catch up on lost sleep. When I got home, I went to bed around 8pm, and somehow still don't feel fully recovered over a week later.

Following the Retreat the next Saturday, I went to my Running Clinic for the Nutrition talk. Well instead of nutrition, we learned about this thing called The Secret. Have you heard the Secret? Apparently it is a scientifically backed theory about the law of attraction. According to our speaker's explanation, we each attract what we put out there. And we put it out there based on the frequency that we are each vibrating. Hence, if we increase the frequency that we are vibrating, we then attract more positive things into our lives.
It's suppose to be on Oprah on Feb. 8th.

It sounded interesting enough to look into, I asked Mr. shaw about it - he sent me the link for it from Google Videos, but the picture is very grainy. I tried to watch it, but found the bad visual very distracting, I only got through like 2 minutes. Oh also, apparently each time you watch the video your body adjusts by increasing the basal frequency at which you're vibrating. So just watching is suppose to be a powerful boost.

I wonder if I could augment the frequency I'm vibrating at to scientifically vibrate the REASON right out of me?
I would not look forward to the experimentation process, but the results would be interesting.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are reasons and there are REASONS. Reasons include high standards, not having clicked with anyone, not meeting anyone new etc. REASONS include being too neurotic, no social grace, living in your parent's basement, etc.

Just because a lot of people have REASONS, doesn't necessarily mean you have a REASON, just because you happen to be in the same demographics as they are. Especially since you're holding out for a rich doctor or something. :p

(Obligatory Snow Crash quote: "Everybody listens to Reason.")

As for vibrating frequency, I find mine increases dramatically after consuming sugar. But that tends to drive people away, not make me more attractive. Instead, try smiling, that's always super-awesome.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I could find my resonance frequency and cause myself to blow up or something. ;)

ghanima said...

LOL@brew!

I dunno, Mir, this "Secret" stuff sounds pretty new-age to me. I'm with Austin on this "smiling" thing. I really think it's going to catch on. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of developing a line of toys to help people romantically with their vibrating.

I'm sure there's a market!!

MiraFabulous said...

sick sick sick!

Caty said...

Kevin! Don't post that on Mir's blog! You're violating her innocence! (Post it in my comments section - see my posting from yesterday first.) I mean geez, we were all thinking it but that doesn't mean you should say it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wha?? We're talking about frequencies, right?? :D

I was thinking of something along the lines of a metronome you could keep in your pocket... but it would go really fast... and umm... maintain your frequency.

What's on all YOUR minds??? :)

Joy said...

I'm with Leah...this sounds as new-age as auras or as pseudo-scientific as pheromone perfume. I also totally agree with Austin. Your love life is big, totally trustworthy hands. Smile and be the kind of person you think you God wants you to be so He can provide you with someone who's the kind of man God wants him to be (in His time and so on, blah blah blah). Chasing after something like The Secret sounds like idolatry to me. Okay, getting of soapbox now, sorry :P...

Anonymous said...

Funny that you should mention "The Secret". Michelle came across that gibberish yesterday. It totally reminded me those Word of Faith yahoos always trying to take people's money. I don't think God intended greed to be the driver of faith.

Emma said...

I agree with Joy.