Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'm Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!

Ugh!! I am so sick!
I can't breath through my nose.
I probably look like a Neanderthal gulping for breath with my mouth open at all times.

I feel like the guy in the dristan commercials rummaging in his basement for a power drill to "help" with his congestion.

I got sent home from work yesterday. Yep, my first day back from a whole week off, and my manager let me talk for a whole 5 minutes and discussed me going home. I worked from home for the afternoon yesterday.
Too bad I was too sick to enjoy it. There is something to be said for working from home.

I have only been home for about a day and half, and I was still working yesterday.
Today, I am sick, restless and bored!
Everytime I think, well if I'm restless and bored, do something, I start moving, exhaust myself in about 10 minutes and have to take a nap.

This is ridiculous!

So I've resolved that what I need is a germ cleansing. I stripped my bed, flipped my mattress, and opened the window. I changed my PJ's, and am going to take the world's hottest shower.
I am smoking these germs out baby - because I am so sick of being sick! (It's been 2 days)

In my delirium, I imagine the germs laughing at me -
"poke her there, ha ha ha"
"wait, let's make her gasp for breath again!"
"This is so great, I love torturing people, we're never leaving!"
I bet they're green and bubbly shaped and wearing army helmets with names like Gleeba and Rhonon.

Plus there's a reason why people work during the day, because the TV sucks! The only thing on is soap operas and daytime talk shows. I don't care if your cousin is your uncle and the father of your baby!
Maybe daytime TV is a government conspiracy to keep unemployment rates down?

So I'm smoking the germs out because I refuse to stay home again tomorrow!

7 comments:

ghanima said...

Doodness. Why do so many people feel like a cold has lasted too long after only a couple of days? Aren't you just prolonging it by pushing yourself harder than your body allows?

Anonymous said...

It's a conspiracy to keep the unemployment rate up. Soap operas and daytime talk is a cancer for the mind.

Joy said...

The last time I had that exhausting kind of sickness I laid on the couch and watched Stargate all day (guess there was some kind of marathon on). I think I would have gone crazy if I'd had to watch the kind of TV you're talking about. Got any reading material?

Emma said...

Complain to me when you've moved from one virus to another since September. :P I was healthy for a whole three weeks at the start of December though. :D

MiraFabulous said...

Emma- yeah for healthy!!

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't push myself, but I just get so restless and bored.
Especially when I'm not sick enough to sleep all day - but still too sick to do anything productive.

I am back at work today, feeling ok, but not toally better.

I think I'll skip my run tonight, to promore my recovery.

Anonymous said...

Prime knitting time! Definitely take it easy and focus on getting healthy again. There are some nasty bugs going around and if you don't take the time to thoroughly kick their butt, they'll just call in their friends for a party :(

Anonymous said...

I am sick, too! I can't believe it!! I have never been so sick in one winter before. Ugh! Maybe there IS an epidemic out there. I had a wonderful time in Ontario seeing you all, I return normal for a few days and then boom, my chest is killing me and I'm coughing until I think my lungs are gonna pop out! So I finally go to the doctor and after days of sleeping on the couch almost completely upright and coughing so hard my eyes well up with tears and my face turns beat red. Anyways, he says they can't really do anything about the bronchitis, but he gives me a little something to help with the cough. Well, I didn't believe it could work but it actually got me through the night! NO wonder! It's the strongest cough suppressant NARCOTIC available out there! Wow! This stuff rocks!! haha!! Anyways, please pray I get better soon so I can do a good job on my vocal exam coming up.