Saturday, September 30, 2006

Secrets and Not so secrets

So I went out last night with a good friend of mine and after dinner and a movie, we got to talking in the car as I was driving her home.

We ended up talking for a good hour I think, and the conversation was very good, and really intriguing. I feel this way mostly because it was reflective, existential in nature, and about a lot of stuff that I have actully been pondering myself for about a month now. Blame it on my upcoming Birthday (28 days and counting !!), but I always seem to get reflective this time of year.

Now here's the interesting part, in the course of our conversation, I decided to tell her about a recent experience I've had, that I haven't talked to anybody about. So of course it stared with the following disclamer "now I haven't told any body about this, so I would appreciate if you wouldn't say anything."
"Sure, I never do, but I would like to point out to you, that you always say that, then I hear somebody else talking about it"
"What, no!"
"yes, like that time you told me about XXX, the I hear YYY talking about XXX"
"I told YYY about XXX!! And then she told you?"
"Well it was me you and YYY in the car, and she was talking about it with you"
"OMG! I totally don't remember telling anybody about XXX, it's a pretty embarassing story."
"Yep, you did"

Unbelievable!! I'm a total blabbermouth about myself! I wonder what it is that shifts me from not talking to telling it all - with like no pause in the middle?

Now that I've had time to think about it, I think I've told several people about XXX.
Funny, then I must need to forget, like a self-preservation mechanism.

Well, if my life can offer any humor to yours, then I guess the information is worth sharing.
Imagine what life would be like if we could never find humour in difficult or embarassing situations, it would SUCK!

6 comments:

ghanima said...

Ah yes, the Bridget Jones principle: embarassing situations endear people to you. I think it's 'cause you acknowledge that you're not infallible, making you instantly more approachable for admitting your humanity.

MiraFabulous said...

Sometimes I feel a little too human, and wouldn't mind just a little bit of infallibility ;)

Anonymous said...

I find it amusing when you talk about XXX. :)

ghanima said...

LOL -- shut up, shut up!

ghanima said...

Also, Mir, I'm loving the avatar. Where'd you get it?

MiraFabulous said...

I just went to Google Images and typed in "Elephant Cartoon".

Also Kevin - dirty as your mind is ;) - I did pick XXX for a reason - and I actually may have told you that story, but now I'll never tell :)