Sunday, February 12, 2012

Me, Myself & I

Sometimes it feels like I blog about and complain about being single quite a bit.  And trust me sometimes I feel like being single is like walking around with broccoli stuck in your teeth, and everybody is having a good chuckle at it, but nobody is willing to tell you to fix it.

I have been in Orlando this past week on business, and I decided to extend my stay through the week-end, since I've never been here before.  I couldn't find anyone to come with me, so I took the plunge and decided to vacation alone.

Now if you know me with any degree of intimacy, you know that I can't stand being alone.  I would rather be with people than do just about anything else on the planet.  I score 100% on the extroversion scale on the MBTI, and other personality inventories.

But I gotta say there are definitely some advantages to being single that I experienced this week-end.

#1 - nobody to complain about my snoring, so I can go on pretending that I don't snore

#2 - using the single rider lane in Universal Studios got me on most of the rides faster than the people who paid a LOT of money for the Express Pass.

#3 - many other travellers were starting up conversations with me, I guess that's easier to do with one person than with a group of 2 or more.

I had fun.

Now, don't be fooled - I still prefer being with people 100% of the time, and I have hit the max on how much of my own company I can enjoy. 

So get ready, you'll probably be getting a call from me this week to hang out.

1 comment:

ghanima said...

Yay! Both for finding the nerve to get out and vacation by your lonesome and for the fact that we'll be hearing from you soon!