Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hidden Talent

If you're a girl you're very familiar with the ability to put a shirt on top of another shirt and then take the shirt underneath off. Without showing an inch of skin the entire time.

If you ask a girl how we learned to do so, we'll talk about gym class and modesty - truth is it's an expression of insecurity about the quality of our bodies underneath.
So we all learn to do it pretty early on, and we do it often, and perfect it while still pretty young.

Today I was at Canada's Wonderland, and I got a little chilly around 8:30pm, so I put my sweatshirt on. but then I found that because I had 2 T-Shirts on underneath, it was a little too hot. So I twisted and finagled, and managed to take my base layer T-Shirt off, under the other T-Shirt and Sweatshirt. And True to form, I do so without flashing an inch of skin.

Well I was impressed with my accomplishment - it's not easy taking a fitted T off under another slightly less fitted T. And so as we were leaving the concert area, I wondered about my ability to do accomplish a similar task with pants.

I was wearing my jean capris (they are loose, this has an effect). So I took my also very loose yoga pants out of my bag, and put them on on top of my jean capris. Well with twisting and hopping, and taking off of a shoe - I did it!

I was able to take off one pair of pants from underneath another pair of pants without flashing anybody.

Angela is my witness.

Admittedly I must have looked ridiculous, hopping around on one foot. And when I managed to get one leg off, and had to shove it back up over to the other leg to then come down and off - I had a few moments where I looked like I had an elephant crawling down my leg under my pants.

But a monumental accomplishment it remains, despite how foolish it may have looked.

I feel very accomplished and proud.

3 comments:

ghanima said...

Ha! Thanks for sharing the funny (and accomplished) anecdote.

I think the most I've managed to do, in a similar vein, is remove a pair of underwear while wearing shorts. Being the swimming-type certainly leads to some interesting clothing removal options. :)

Austin said...

I don't know how you go about removing lower-body clothing like that, but as always, the Simpsons have covered it, from the episode "The Front":

Bart Simpson: Grampa, we need to know your first name.
Grampa: [gasps] You're making my tombstone?
Lisa Simpson: No, no, we're just curious.
Grampa: All right, let's see. First name, first name... well, whenever I'm confused, I just check my underwear.
[pulls them out]
Grampa: It holds the answer to all the important questions.
[reads]
Grampa: "Call me... Abraham Simpson."
Lisa Simpson: Grampa, how'd you take off your underwear without taking off your pants?
Grampa: ...I don't know.

notweasel said...

Taking off underwear while wearing pants wouldn't just be useful for swimming. I'll bet it's extremely convenient for rock concerts too!