Friday, September 07, 2007

I'm in.....now what?!

As I write this I am sitting in my living room. Yes that's right, mine in my very own first place.
So here I am on an ottoman (one of 2 and my only pieces of furniture currently), staring off at the snow that my non cable receiving TV is emitting. I figure it's "white noise", and that's suppose to be a good thing.

I am running my dishwasher for the first time, and I have ice in my freezer and bottled water in my fridge.

My den is stacked with boxes, and I'm not really sure where anything is.

I am using somebody else's Internet signal (thank God - I don't know what I would do, if I couldn't have some sort of media!!)

I am about to spend my very first night in my new place.

And I am so excited. It feels like such a milestone in life.
Granted I always assumed that buying a home would be the sort of thing that I didn't do alone, it's a real pitch into the "grown-up" realm.

I am curious to see how I manage with only my own company, but I think it'll be a good learning experience for me.

That being said, please come visit - come over anytime and all the time - I HATE being alone :)
Just bring a lawn chair or a pillow or something, because chez Mira we recline Moroccan style (that's fancy for sit on the floor).

Ah, that's now, but just you wait, Mira's Party Palace will be fabulous before you know it.
Then you may have to book reservations 3 weeks in advance to come and visit.
(a girl can dream right?!)

6 comments:

ghanima said...

Congratulations, Mira! This is a very exciting time for you, no doubt. I'll be sure to get in touch shortly -- I've already got a housewarming gift (there's that magic word you love)!

Joy said...

Do you have/are you going to get a land line, or are you just going to use your cell phone like Emma? Are you going to have a housewarming party? I'll be sure to accept your invitation to come over "anytime and all the time" sometime soon :). Enjoy it :)!

Emma said...

Weeeee I'm gonna visit this afternoon. Guess I'll pack a couple of pillows in the car for the sitting.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! PARTY TIME!!!

Congrats, Mir!!

MiraFabulous said...

Thanks for all your well wishes :)

Things are slowly shaping-up.

No land line for now, so to get a hold of me, please use my cell.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What, no pictures?