Sunday, May 27, 2007

Movie Love

Last night Rydra & I went to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3.
Never mind that it was opening week-end and we had to drive to 3 theaters to find a non sold-out show. And while we were trying for an 8pm show, the earliest one we caught started at 10:30pm. I won't even tell you what time I got home after a 3 hour movie.

On, and don't worry what I'm about to tell you is not a spoiler.

So the movie is mostly an action flick, but there are still some elements of romance in it - the whole story between Will Turner and Elizabeth Swan.

It's about 3/4 of the way through the movie and Will and Elizabeth are sharing a tender moment. And I kind of sighed (yeah, I'm a girl) and thought, "I just want somebody to love me like that."

And God spoke to me.
Don't worry not in a crazy audible hallucination sort of voice.
But in the still small voice after the wind.

He said, "I do!"
"I love you so much, I sent a part of myself, my son to you."
"I suffered and died a painful death, so that we could be together for all eternity"
"And I do it all, even when you don't reciprocate my love in any way, or even recognize it."

And I started to cry.
So I was the only idiot crying in Pirates of the Caribbean. Good thing that theater is pitch black.

But I was also so fully aware of just how loved I am.
Loved completely, unconditionally, and based on no actions of my own.
Loved beyond all measure, and for all eternity.

So I think how God loves me and you gives Will Turner more than just a run for his money (ignoring the fact that he's a fictional character in a fantasy movie).

And it's very cool to know that I am loved more amazingly than any writer could ever conceptualize or any movie maker could ever bring to a screen.

I am loved! God freely gives me His love every day, despite the fact that I have done nothing to earn or deserve it.

I have been feeling all warm and fuzzy ever since I remembered that yesterday.

No comments: