Monday, April 02, 2007

My recurring work dreams

Ugh!
It's been about 5 days now that I have not been sleeping well. Every night I wake-up a couple of times and I seem to be consistently thinking about work and even dreaming about work.

Now this may not seem to be a big deal to anyone else, but my typical pattern is that I have trouble falling asleep - because I'm a night-owl - but once I'm asleep - I am dead to the world. I don't remember dreaming, I don't get up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom, nothing - and when it's time to wake-up it takes an army of angry Vikings to shake the sleep off me and get my butt out of bed.

I also NEVER remember my dreams - most nights it's like I just closed my eyes, when my AM alarm goes off.

So lately I haven't really remembered the details of all these work dreams - but I distinctly remember that they have all been about work. On Saturday morning, I work-up with a to do list for work, and had to remind myself that it's the week-end!

And every night I give myself a little pep-talk about this dreaming business - I say "Now Miriam, you have a rich life, with many good thing - you will not dream about work, there is more to your life than work!"
Yeah - so far it hasn't been working. I think actually I am probably at this point priming myself to dream about work - I have created a psychological association through Pavlovian conditioning. Mind you I'm not really sure what the reward is in my conditioning cycle.

So I am going to try and pick something to dream about instead - and give myself a pep-talk about that before bed every night and see what happens.

Hey do you think that if I dream about working out, then everyday I will somehow get a little more fit - and maybe wake-up with sore muscles? Because I am psychologically working out? That would be awesome!! But definitely sounds too good to be true.

Any ideas on what I should be trying to dream about?

7 comments:

Emma said...

Talk, dark and dreamy doctors! :P

MiraFabulous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................

Carrying Big Diamonds and lots of fun shoes.......

Even better a pair of Jimmy Choos in his left hand and Diamond studded Manolo Bhlaniks in his left!!!

And of couse the midget - but then maybe Matt and Kevin haven't had a chance to give him the "Midget" talk yet.

This is better than dreaming :)

WestsideKef said...

Sailboat.
Whenever I have a bad dream and when I close my eyes I see the same bad dream, I force myself to think of a sailboat, on a clear blue lake, with a blue sky, bright sun, nary a wave but enough wind that we can do a comfortable broad beam reach...
yeah, so uh, think of a sailboat.

Anonymous said...

Damn you Dr. Greg! Daaaaaammmn yooooooouuuuuuuuuu! <shakes angry fist>

MiraFabulous said...

Who's Dr. Greg?

Is he single?

Anonymous said...

Dr. Greg is my chiropractor. As far as I know he is happily engaged. I'm not sure why Austin is cursing him though.

Caty said...

You could dream about Cuba. Lying out by the pool while a hot Cuban stud named Eduardo rubs sunscreen onto your back. Dr. Greg could bring you a pina colada while a servant brings you various shoes to pick and choose.

How'd I do?