Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Back to the Grind

Wow!! It takes little to no time to stumble back into the realities of life after a vacation.

One glorious week of no responsibilities, no cooking, no mandatory waking-up. Reading for pleasure always and only.

One 3 hour and 45 minute cramped flight back - and BOOM, life hits again, going full throttle.

Not that my life is bad, it's not at all, I mostly like my life. But sometimes I wish it would just sit in a bin waiting for me to choose it as opposed to flooding me.

It was like coming back to work today - after a week and a half off - my e-mail inbox was overloaded, and it took me most of my morning to go through it. It would have been nice if I could have only seen one e-mail, and asked for the next one when I was ready.

Or the fact that my Mom had been saving up everything she would normally talk to me about in the course of a week, and crammed it all into the first 2 hours of my being home.

Plus the laziness that a vacation breeds is not helping - I haven't finished unpacking yet.

And I haven't even been back for a full day, and magically I am already counting the hours until today is finished - working my way to the week-end.

So here's to Friday @ 4pm - 2 and a half days away and counting ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you go? I didn't know you were on vacation!

MiraFabulous said...

Hey Margaret - I was in CUba for my Friends Leah & Matt's Wedding.

It was very cool.

I guess I feel more pinched right now because I just got back and I will be travelling for Business all next week. My first time doing business travel, and the arrangements are a pain :(

Joy said...

At least you got to go on vacation :P.