Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Day of No Work

'Twas the week before Christmas
and all through the office
No one was working
not even the Bosses

The phone lines were silent
no ringing at all
We were all in anticipation of the Holiday Ball

Employees were nestled all snug at their desks
While visions of Vacation days danced in their heads

My pod-mate was net-surfing and I took a nap.
When out from the Board Room there arose such a clatter.
I sprang from my desk to see what was the matter.

When what to my unbelieving eyes should appear
but the Senior Director drinking a beer.
He invited all into the Ball
There was food, wine and gifts, which he offered us all.

As we ate and ate and ate some more
he offered his well wishes to us each one and all.

Then in amazement the clock struck three.
"Hey, It's time to go home
Whoo Hooo, Hee hee".

The scary part is not only that I had the time to make this up at work, but also how close to my actual day it is.

2 comments:

Joy said...

*imagines what a distress call would sound like when the counselor at the other end has just been pulled out of sharing in the Senior Director's beer and wine at the Holiday Ball*

Okay, I know you don't just do distress calls, but this made me smile :).

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that people had enough sense not to have a breakdown or crisis during the holidays!

Or at least they had enough sense not to call, lest they get a counsellor filled up with food and wine answering the phone.

;)

Merry Christmas, Miriam!