Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My own worst FunSucker!

Egads! I am turning into my Mother!

I always complain about her being a catastrophizer and here I am doing exactly the same thing.

I am sick of being bummed out.
I am my own worst FunSucker - so I felt the need to inject a little more JoyBringer into this blog.

Everybody all together now - "I'm walking on sunshine, Woah-o!, walking on sunshine....."

So what if I'm going to be 31?
It's really only 1 day older than the day before - big whop!

And so what if I actually spent a whole week-end with my family, that doesn't negate that I have any friends, it just means I designated time to my family. And that's a good thing!

I have a home - now furnished - that's a place I wasn't at this time last year.
I have great friends! Seriously great friends, and LOTS of them - makes me happy.
People keep telling me I have great skin - thank God for that, because every time I try to apply make-up, I end up looking like a battered woman.

I am free to work, practice my religion, shop, cook, vote, live. I am not persecuted for my age, race, religion. I am not forced into servitude or marriage.

I have a good life!

Thank God I remembered that - well thank God that He reminded me :)

2 comments:

ghanima said...

LOL -- so you've noticed that those of us blessed with good skin are terrible at applying makeup. I think it's from lack of practice. Heaven knows I'd be utterly horrid at it, were it not for my artistic training. As it is, I'm just mildly horrid at it.

I was wondering what the negative kick was all about. I'm glad you realized that things aren't really all that bad, what would we do with a non-perky Mir?

Anonymous said...

I've got horrid skin, but I'd probably still be really bad at applying makeup if I were to try. I don't think I'll try.

Glad to see you're seeing the bright side of things! Often times it's the little things that go overlooked but which make life so enjoyable. Hell, I spent most of the weekend just layed out on the sofa watching TV... and it was awesome!!

Now I'm contemplating becoming a video game junkie. It probably won't last long. It never does. But it should be great fun while it lasts!